It’s no secret Milwaukee has been planning to come out with a similar product to the Ridgid Seesnake Micro. We mentioned this back when we did the Subcompact face off between Milwaukee 12v vs Bosch 10.8v. The target market should be a little different for these and I believe the new generation of Ridgid Seesnake Micro may focus a little more on plumbers where they have the strongest following. The new 9.5mm Ridgid camera heads available later this month are specifically designed with plumbers in mind. The Milwaukee model will find more broad appeal and working with the same batteries as the 12 volt subcompact tools is a huge advantage, as they will be adding more tools to this line. I like the added features of zoom and high resolution but it’s hard to believe there is not a model capable of taking some still shot images. Read the full Milwaukee press release below.
Milwaukee Introduces New Digital Inspection Camera
MILWAUKEE, WI – Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation introduces a breakthrough in professional inspection technology, the new Digital Inspection Camera. Designed for the professional trades, including plumbers, electricians, HVAC, and MRO professionals, Milwaukee’s Digital Inspection camera significantly enhances productivity by helping professionals quickly and accurately locate and evaluate common jobsite problems.
With advanced digital imaging technology and a 2.5” high-resolution color LCD display, the Digital Inspection Camera provides a crystal clear picture of tough to reach places such as inside pipes, drains and equipment and behind walls. Optimal image quality and control is achieved via an exclusive Image Zoom (2x) feature and LED brightness control. Equipped with a durable, detachable, 3’ water-tight flexible cable and a small camera head, the Digital Inspection Camera fits through holes as small a 3/4” and gets into, under and around tight spaces. An ergonomic handle, comfortable in any orientation, features up-front power and image controls for true one-handed operation. A power saving, auto shut-off feature preserves battery life.
The Digital Inspection Camera is available in 6-volt (Alkaline, model 2300-20) or 12-volt lithium-ion (model 2310-22) configurations. Both models are protected in a durable, impact resistant carrying case. Model 2310-22 includes one, 12-volt lithium ion battery and charger.
• Digital technology delivers superior image quality
• Large, 2-1/2”, high-resolution (320 x 240) color LCD display
• Exclusive adjustable image zoom (2x) and LED brightness control
• Up-front camera controls for true one-hand operation
• Rugged, detachable 3’ water-tight flexible shaft (3’ extension cables also available)
• Small camera head and shaft diameter fit into holes as small as 3/4”
• Handle designed for comfort in any orientation
• Available: June 2008 (12-volt, 2310-22); July 2008 (6-volt 2300-20)
• 2.5” High-Resolution Color LCD display
• 0.7” (17mm) camera head diameter
• Convenient adjustable Image Zoom (2x)
• LED Brightness (3x) Control
• 320 x 240 display resolution
• 3’ expandable flexible cable
• Waterproof camera and cable design
• Power saving Auto Shut-Off feature
• Run time: 8 hours (6-volt), 21 hours (12-volt) of operation
• Available in 6-volt AA (Alkaline) (2300-20) or 12-volt lithium-ion (2310-22) configurations