2008 was definitely a big year for Coptool.com going from a few posts per month to almost everyday. Below are the top 8 most popular posts from 2008 based on page views, feedback & popularity. It’s pretty funny to read the older posts and see how things have evolved. Hopefully 2009 will be as kind to us as we hope to continue to grow and improve the website.
8. Guide to Buying Power Tools Online – This article is about buying power tools online and things to look for to make sure you are dealing with knowledgeable legitimate companies.
7. Milwaukee M18 Tools – Making the Switch – This article was written as the new line of Milwaukee 18 volt tools was being released. In the article it compares the new M18 to comparable models of Dewalt, Makita and previous Milwaukee V18 tools.
6. Power Tools From Around the World – The very first look at the possibility of Bosch (and/or Dremel) releasing a tool to compete with the Fein MultiMaster. The PMF 180 is a Bosch corded version of the tool which I would still like to see the Bosch release a corded version in the US.
5. Ridgid Calendar 2009-2010 – This was intended to be a very short post simply letting everyone know the new Ridgid Calendars were available but the post received a tremendous amount of traffic. Who knew pretty girls would get traffic on the internet? P.S. There are plenty of calendars still available, free with any order, just ask.
4. Milwaukee Seesnake Micro Killer – The first article written about the Milwaukee M12 M-Spector camera and how it compares to the Ridgid Seesnake Micro (or at least how it was supposed to compare as at the time we had not gotten our hands on the model).
3. Ridgid Micro Explorer Digital Inspection Camera 30063 – The first look at the Micro Explorer and some of the advanced features it had over the first generation of micro Seesnake.
2. Milwaukee 4201-22 vs. Bosch PS20-2 – This post was one of the first real comparison tests we did back at the beginning of the year. The post had a fair amount of pictures and really gave readers a good feel for the differences between these two products.
1. Some Fein Lookin’ Tools – Bosch PS50 & Dremel Multi-max – The most popular post of 2008 was not surprisingly the first official post announcing the new Bosch PS50 & Dremel Multi-Max tools. These tools were probably the most hyped tools for the 2008 holiday season and were also the topic of our most popular YouTube video from last year.
Honorable Mention: Future of American Automakers – Congressional Motors – This was a pretty funny post which got an incredible number of hits unfortunately it was because we were credited as the authors for a short time on Autoblog.com even though it clearly said we were not the authors.