We recently did a review on the Blaklader Bantam workpants and were really impressed how well constructed they were, perfect for any jobsite conditions. While the Blaklader folks are fully committed to building solid clothes for the professional tradesman they probably also realize there is not that much to improve on a tee shirt. Instead it looks like they are having a little fun with it and letting some of the thousands of fans of their products submit some of their own design work.
You can submit your own Blaklader Tee Shirt design by following the guidelines below. The winner takes home $250 but more importantly you get to wear around a Blaklader tee you designed. If you don’t want to design your own at least check out their Facebook page to vote on your favorites.
1. Tee-shirt prototypes can be created in any design program.
2. Tee-shirt prototypes can be drawn and scanned.
3. Prototypes are not required to make use of the Blaklader logo or abide by font, size and color standards.
4. Images, text and graphics can be placed anywhere on the exterior of the tee shirt.
5. Submissions must be sent to email@example.com in the form of a .JPG.
6. Prototypes will be accepted until the stated deadline of May 27, 2011 at 5 p.m. EST.
7. Blaklader USA retains the full rights to any designs submitted to the Tee Shirt that Works for You design competition.
8.All prototypes are subject to the approval of Blaklader USA. Submissions perceived as vulgar, derogatory or obscene will not be considered or posted to Facebook.
Voting and Judging Guidelines
1. Prototypes will be posted on the Blaklader Facebook page in the Tee Shirt that Works for You album.
2. Voters are permitted to Like multiple submissions.
3. Voters and designers are permitted to solicit friends and family to Like designs.
4. First, second and third place winners will be determined by the number of Likes the design receives before the stated deadline of June 3, 2011 at 5 p.m. EST.
5. The designer who earns the most Likes will win first place receive a $250 prize. The second place designer will receive $100. The third place designer will receive $50.
6. In the event of a tie, Blaklader USA is entitled to a final vote to determine first, second and third place winners.