We are about a month away from Makita releasing a bigger 12″ version of their already successful 10″ Compound Saw LS1019L ($549) with the front facing slide rails. The Makita 12” Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser LS1219L ($599) combines capacity, accuracy and efficient dust extraction in a more compact size. Just like the 10″ model, it offers a unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System that reduces the footprint for an against the shop wall, flush operation.
A direct-drive gearbox and guard system is utilized for an increased vertical cutting capacity of baseboard (6-3/4”) and crown molding (8” nested). It can also make a large 15” crosscut at 90 degrees. The saw miters 0° to 60° left and right, with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45° and 60° (left or right). Your bevel lock is right on the front of the saw for easy access and can adjust from 0° to 48° (left and right).
An easy startup 15 AMP Direct Drive motor enables smoother start-ups, constant speed even under heavy loads and consistent power with no belts to slip or replace. Additional features include a high-quality 60T carbide-tipped blade, and a see-through blade guard system to see the line-of-cut. The built-in laser indicates the line-of-cut whether the blade is turning or not, and offers micro-adjustments for precise “left-of-blade” or “right-of-blade” cutting. The saw provides a bag out of the box and has dual dust collection ports for improved dust collection capability.
Here is our video from their new product launch event last year (2017) where we first saw their two 10″ Miter Saws LS1019L (corded) and the XSL06 (cordless) which are now available. We are pretty excited to see how the 12″ performs and of course raises the question will we see a Makita 12″ Cordless Miter Saw as well?
Key Features for LS1219L:
- Unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System design offers single slide-glide operation; reduced saw footprint allows operation flush against a wall
- Increased capacity for up to 8″ crown molding (vertically nested), 6-3/4″ baseboard (vertical), and 15″ crosscuts at 90°
- In-front bevel lock for convenient operation
- Dual dust collection ports provide excellent dust extraction performance
- Innovative direct drive motor and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity (6-3/4″)
- Linear ball bearing system engineered to deliver “dead-on” accurate cuts
- Less weight (65 lbs.) and the most compact design in its class for easy jobsite portability
- Powerful 15.0 AMP direct drive motor requires less maintenance and delivers 3,200 RPM
- Large-sized aluminum base improves stability of material for efficient cutting
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Miters 0-60° left and right; bevels 0-48° left and right
- Positive miter stops at: 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45°, and 60° left or right
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load for smoother, higher quality cutting
- Integrated upper and lower 5-1/2″ tall fence system offers added rigidity for more precise miter and bevel cuts
- Built-in laser clearly indicates line-of-cut whether blade is turning or not; on-off switch and micro-adjustments for precise “left-of-blade” or “right-of-blade” cutting
- Ergonomic rubberized horizontal D-handle design for better fit and added comfort
- Replaceable stainless steel miter scale features large and easy-to-read markings
- Easy-to-read dual bevel scale for more precise adjustments
- See-through blade guard system for greater visibility of blade and line of cut
- Easy blade changes for increased efficiency
- Oversized trigger switch for better fit, added comfort and easier operation
- Easy one-touch slide lock for convenience
- Simple 90º turn-of-the-knob miter angle lock/unlock mechanism
Visit Ohio Power Tool for all your Makita Tool and Accessories! If you have any question do not hesitate to give these guys a call 800-242-4424 they are more than happy to help you find the right tool for the job.