We’ve decided to play with the Makita XCV08Z AWS Bluetooth Cordless Vacuum and this 2.1 gallon dry dust vac really holds up to the Makita name. Running on two 18V Batteries and 36V of power, the strong brushless motor provides 74 CFM. It’s also electronically controlled to optimize battery usage to allow 50% longer run time than previous brushed dust collector models. You’re looking at 40 minutes on high and 75 minutes on low in a single charge.
The filter cleaning system increases the life of the filters, which saves you money! The three stage HEPA system collects large, small and micro dust particles ensuring clean air while you work.
This vac, as many of the newer Makita tools, has the AWS feature. You can read a little more about AWS from an older post, Makita Auto-Start Wireless System AWS Cordless. The Bluetooth technology communicates the tool to your vac so you’ll no longer need to switch the vac on and off manually.
Out of the box, the XCV08Z is incredibly light weight. Even with the 2 required batteries, it only weighs in at 19lbs. That is really nice as we’re constantly moving vacs all over the place. Also, this compact vac has convenient storage space with locks to store extra batteries and attachments.
You can also check battery level with an LED indicator on the front. It’ll let you know how much battery charge you have remaining before you walk it a mile down the job site.
Here is a full list of key features directly from Makita:
- Powerful Makita-built BL™ Brushless motor delivers 74 CFM and 39″ water lift of suction using two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries (batteries not included)
- Efficient three stage HEPA filtration system captures 99.97% of particulates .3 microns and larger
- Filter cleaning system is designed to maintain optimal suction efficiency and longer filter life
- Auto-start Wireless System (AWS™) utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and dust extractor
- Up to 75 minutes of continuous run time on low setting and 40 minutes on high setting using two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah batteries BL1850B (batteries not included)
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Precision lightweight motor components and efficient air ducting produce an overall weight of only 18.4 lbs with batteries (batteries not included)
- Oversized on-off switch for operator convenience
- Motor chamber constructed of quality sound-absorbing materials for quiet operating sound levels of 66 dB(A)
- Variable speed control dial for a variety of applications
- Large rubber bumper helps prevent damage to the work environment
- Locking cover for added protection of batteries (batteries not included)
- Quick-release metal latches for easy removal and disposal of debris from canister
- Rear casters feature locking levers to prevent the vacuum from moving
- Removable storage box for storing attachments and batteries
- Equipped with two anti-static hoses (1-1/2″ x 8’ and 1” x 11-1/2′) and four adapter cuffs for versatility of applications
- Dual L.E.D. battery indicators show charge level for each 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion battery (batteries not included)
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty
We think it’s a great vacuum. The AWS feature, HEPA system, and it’s light, compact size. This 74CFM vacuum is perfect to keep by your side on the job. The Makita XCV08Z AWS Bluetooth Cordless Vacuum is currently priced at $459 and you can get one today at Ohio Power Tool!