Two different models, the Ridgid RP240 and RP241. Both of these models have the same capabilities, it’s all just a matter of preference. The RP240 is a pistol grip style (my favorite) and a linear style:
You can easily swap out jaws, all you need to do is slide out the bolt, insert jaw and put the bolt back in place. You can press multiple applications such as copper and even black steel! These 12V cordless compact press tools can press about 140 times per charge. If that isn’t enough presses for you, 2 batteries are included with purchase.
There is a few lights, that are pretty straight forward:
- RED – The bolt isn’t completely locked in place. You’ll obviously have a hard time pressing if your jaws aren’t locked in place.
- YELLOW – A yellow light will show when you’ve hit 30,000 cycles. Meaning you’ll need to take it in for service. It’s kind of like a car’s “check engine” light.
- GREEN – You’re locked in, ready to press!
Each model is smaller and lighter than it’s previous models. The RP240 is 15% lighter and 10% smaller while the RP241 is 10% lighter and 25% smaller! This makes a HUGE difference when working above head and hard to reach places.
RIDGID Link App
Connect your phone to these tools via Bluetooth. Once connected, you can read how many cycles are used, every date and time of operation, view the manual, find the nearest authorized Ridgid Service Center and will also show a map of the tools last location.
Here is a full list of specifications:
- Power 12V Advanced Lithium 2.5Ah Battery
- Jaw: 7.4lbs (3.4 kg)
- Head Rotation 180˚ barrel/jaw swivel.
- Crimp Cycle Time ~4 seconds
- Lighting Large LED-light for no or low-light environments.
- Charge 140+ crimps per charge
- Model Design Pistol-grip design for tool balance & ergonomics.
- Service Cycle Interval 32,000
- Copper and Stainless Steel Tubing Capacity 1/2” – 1-1/4” (12-35 mm)
- PEX / Multilayer Capacity 3/8” – 1-1/2” (14-32 mm)
- Black & Stainless Steel Pipe Capacity ½” – ¾”
If you’re pressing black steel, you’ll also want to pick up the Compact Viega MEGAPRESS from Ohio Power Tool:
For years you have been able to use the Full Size Viega MEGAPRESS heads with the larger RP340 propress but there was not an option for the compact units. Now Ridgid has launched the Compact Viega MEGAPRESS in 1/2″ & 3/4″ heads. These work with the New RP240 & RP241 compact ProPress tools as well as the RP200, RP210 and even the original RP100 models. Click here to view the full line of Ridgid Press Tools at Ohio Power Tool.